Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Alden's 1st Day of Preschool!

Alden started preschool today, August 23rd, and St. John the Baptist Catholic School!
He was so excited that he got up at 5:30 this morning!! (At first I wasn't sure if he was excited or nervous and that's why he woke up!) He will go to Preschool for 2 years at St. John's (just like Samantha did) and then he will go to Kindergarten at Plattsmouth Elementary School.

The traditional 1st day of school picture in front of the garage!

The girls got in on the picture too!

Samantha took this picture of Alden & I! I think it turned out pretty good!

Alden standing in front of HIS school!

The girls once again needed in the picture!

He was very proud that he was a preschooler now!!

He got all of his supplies out of his book bag to give to Miss Nancy. He LOVES his new STAR WARS book bag.

He found his name on an orange star that had his birthday on it all by himself! After this his friend Mikena started playing with him and I gave him hug and so did the girls. There were no tears when we left!!


Clair, Samantha, & I rushed out to the car to get Samantha to her school on time! We parked at Memorial park again and walked along the trail.

Samantha walked very fast today! She was excited to see her new friends!

When Clair & I got back to the van after dropped Samantha off at her classroom, I suddenly felt a huge void! I currently had only 1 child to look after on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 8:10-10:30! Clair didn't quite know what was going on, but she didn't cry like Alden did when we dropped Samantha off at preschool for the 1st time.

My friend Christie and I planned to spend the morning at the local bakery in town to keep ourselves distracted! It worked! Clair entertained us and we had great conversation. The hours passed quickly and soon we were back up at the school waiting for Alden and Mikena to be released from school!

When the kids came out the door - all the girls ran to their moms, but Alden just walked and gave me a grin! Miss Nancy told me that he only had 1 meltdown while at preschool. One other little boy cried most of the morning, and Alden finally decided to let it bother him too. He told his teacher that he missed me, but she quickly distracted him and everything was fine!
Alden and his friend Mikena after their 1st day of preschool!

Alden said he had fun! His favorite part was recess where he got to play with the Kindergarteners, especially his friends Jayger & Grant!

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008