Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Husker Opener























































Saturday, September 5th - GAME DAY! After nearly 9 months of waiting for Husker football, the day finally arrived. Samantha & Alden got new Husker gear after outgrowing last year's models. Samantha was very proud of her Husker Cheerleading Jumper and Alden showed off his Husker Football Jersey in the same manner. I searched for many days to find a Husker maternity shirt or even just red - but resorted to wearing my old "Future Husker" shirt that Doug had made me when I was pregnant with Samantha. Doug opted to wear his "old school" University of Nebraska shirt instead of getting a new football shirt this year. Once we were all outfitted in out Husker gear, we drove to Nebraska City to drop Alden off at my parent's cabinet shop. My dad got Alden a red balloon to entertain him while we were gone, he also got to ride lot of coin-0operated rides in the mall. :) We took Samantha with us back to Plattsmouth, where we caught a ride from Doug's dad, Aunt Jodi & friend Nancy to Lincoln. Samantha went to the Jr. Blackshirts (daycare program at the campus rec center while the parents are at the football game). She had talked for almost a year about going back to Jr. Blackshirts again - so we gave in and signed her up. I was tickled to get to go to the game because I usually don't get to go to Husker football games when I'm pregnant. (When I was pregnant with Samantha I almost passed out from heat exhaustion and claustrophobia during a game and we had to leave in the 1st quarter!) Because I had been working out so hard during this pregnancy and due to the forecasted high temperature of 79 degrees - Doug allowed me to go. Climbing the 81 stairs to our seats was not the most delightful being 8+ months pregnant, but I made it. And, I only went down 1 time to use the restroom - a huge accomplishment! The game was a lot of fun, even though I was very sore the next morning (actually I still am sore now - 3 days later). Samantha had a great time with the other kids at Jr. Blackshirts and Alden had a wonderful time with my parents.

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008