Sunday, August 31, 2008

Women's Triathlon
























On August 23rd, I did a women's triathlon at Chalco Hills Rec. Area in Omaha. I also roped my aunt Janet into doing it with me. It was 100 yard swim, 6 mile bike, and 1.5 mile run. There were over 300 participants! We trained for about a month for it and basically had to learn how to swim. It was tough, but it felt so good once it was over. The swim was cold and icky because it was in the lake (where they don't allow swimming). But, we got through that, and it was on to the biking part. We did 3 loops (2 miles each) and there was a pretty good sized hill on one part and it felt really good when all my RPM (spinning) classed paid off and I passed a whole bunch of people! The run was hard because we were tired from the swim/bike portions and we had an enormous hill to run up right before we turned around to go back, but it was good and I had a little burst of energy at the end and even sprinted for awhile.



My mom came with us and helped Doug watch the kids. She was a big help! She also came up the night before and spent the night with us, and she watched the kids while we packed all our gear for the triathlon. Auntie Debra came and helped play with the kids while I was doing the running portion of the course.






I had 2 other friends from my gym ("rec center") that did the triathlon with me. Marie (in the black outfit) & Mandy (with the white shirt on).

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008