Saturday, June 05, 2010

Memorial Day with Nebraska City Papa & Uncle Chris









On Friday, May 28th, we went to Nebraska City and met my dad and brother to decorate graves for Memorial Day. First we had McDonald's for lunch - OF COURSE! :) Then, we went to Verdon, NE - where my Great Uncle Walter Herster is burried, as well as my Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Cook and Great-Uncle Jack; Nemaha, NE - where my Grandma Pearl and Grandpa Ward Merritt are buried, as well as my Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Merritt, Great-Uncle Owen & his wife Goldie, and Great-Aunt Leonna and her kids; and finally we went to Brownville, NE - where my Great-Great Grandfather who fought in the Civil War is burried, as well as our friend Dick Osborne. After the cemetery in Brownville, we drove to the church where my Grandpa Ward Merritt preached. The ladies of the church let us go in and show the kids around the church. They got to sit in his chair and see where my dad was baptized at. The kids enjoyed hearing stories about the graves that we decorated. This has always been a tradition for my family of decorated our loved one's graves, and I hope my kids will continue on with that tradition. After we were done in Brownville at the church, we drove back to Nebraska City for an early supper at Valentino's before heading back to Plattsmouth.

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008