Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Memorial Day with Mom, Chris, Grandma Farmer, & Richardson Family














We drove to Pawnee City on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. We met everyone in Summerfield, KS, but on the way there we stopped in Pawnee City to decorate my Great-Uncle Clair's (this is who Clair is named after) grave and to see the flags around the courthouse that represent the veterans. Our family has 3 different family members with their names engraved on the markers: Harold "Clair" Richardson; Harold E. "Bud" Richardson; and John Richardson. Then we went to Summerfield and decorated the graves of my Grandpa Keith Richardson, my Great- Grandparents Sophie & Bill Ehmen, my Great-Aunt & Uncle Erma & Joy. Next we all went to my Uncle Harold's cabin. It was an experience for us driving our mini-van down a real dirt road. We got lost a few times and I felt we almost drove off the road a few times and I certainly screamed a few times! I really am a "city" girl! :) We had a nice BBQ and I made my traditional "Wave Your Flag" Jello/Dessert! Samantha & Alden played with Macy and had a blast! We headed towards home at the 1st sign of rain and it was nap time, so it was a peaceful ride home for us! : )

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008