Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend






Mother's Day weekend was not the most fun weekend for me this year! I spent Friday, Saturday, & Sunday - 27 hours total - at the gym, getting certified for Body Combat (a workout class that involves mixed martial arts and fabulous music). My mom came down on Friday night and helped Doug with the kids and then watched the kids on Saturday morning. She had to take Samantha to her soccer game at Rhylander Park and Doug's mom came in and watched Clair because it was very cold that morning. Doug and Samantha went shopping for Mother's Day gifts on Saturday afternoon and Alden and Clair went to Doug's parent's house. And after shopping, Alden & Samantha got to spend the night at their house because I had ALOT of choreography to learn. The next morning, Doug took Clair and met his parents and Samantha and Alden in Omaha at Auntie Debra's church for early church at 8:30am. Debra did the children's sermon that day, so there's a picture of Samantha and Alden listening to her during that time. After church, everyone went to Doug's parent's house for a BBQ and I continued to sweat it out at the gym. The kids planted flowers with Doug's dad that morning. Finally at 5pm - I was DONE with my training and found out that I PASSED!! They don't pass very many people after this training, so I was VERY excited and EXHAUSTED! :) I went home and showered and then headed out to Doug's parent's house for supper. I didn't do my hair or makeup, so I refused to be photographed! (That's why there is a picture of a cupcake mold in front of my face - that's what I got from Jim & Sandy for Mother's Day). We opened presents and headed home, as I was very tired! The kids gave me a Disney Gift Card that I can use on our trip in December and Doug gave me an iTunes gift card.

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008