Friday, October 14, 2011

Richardson County Fair

On September 16th, I took Clair & Alden down to the Richardson County Fair in Humboldt (where I grew up). We met my mom, Aunt Karen, & Aunt Lisa before the parade at 11:00am. The kids were impressed with all the tractors, fire trucks, and bands that were in the parade! (It was much larger than the kiddie parade that the kids walked in Plattsmouth the previous Friday.) It was very chilly and wet, so we all had to bundle up!
After the parade (which the kids got ALOT of candy at), we went and rode rides! Alden rode on the cars and the train, while Clair chose the Carousel!
Alden didn't want to quit riding rides, but we persuaded him to walk up to the Band Parent's Stand to have lunch. My cousin Kayla met us there, as she was back from college in Kearney. I had my standard fair lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup & Raisin Creme Pie!

We walked around and played a few rounds of Picking Up Ducks because it was easy and the prizes seemed the best for the money!


We rode the shuttle down to the AG building to see the exhibits. The kids thought it was fun, and I thought it was so cold! We sat and watched the "free act" in the park and the kids actually did very well with that! Their cousins - Emily & Drew Moyer- joined them in the park and shared their cotton candy with Clair & Alden. I got a carmel apple to go and we got to see our friend Subby Anzaldo (his Entertainment agency provides the acts that we see at the fair).

Then it was time to go! We were all tuckered out! The kids were asleep before we got out of town, and I wished I could sleep too!

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008