Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day with the Richardsons






I spent the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend with my dad and the kids driving to Verdon, NE to decorate my great-grandma & grandpa Cook, great-uncle Keith, & and great-uncle Walter's grave. Then we drove to Nemaha, NE where my Grandma Pearl & Grandpa Ward Merritt, Great-Grandma & grandpa Merritt, Great-uncle & aunt Owen & Goldie, & great-aunt Leona are burried. We usually do this on Saturday with my mom & brother & Doug, but because we had a wedding on Saturday, I went early with my dad.

We spent Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend with my side of the family in Summerfield, KS - where my grandpa Keith, great-grandma & grandpa Ehmen, & great-uncle & aunt Joy & Erma are burried, and in Pawnee City at my grandma "Farmer's" house. It was a good day to be around so much family. We all met in Summerfield, Kansas at 11:00am to decorate the graves, and then we drove to Pawnee City for lunch. After lunch, I took the kids up to the Pawnee County Courthouse to see all the flags. They thought it was pretty neat! I have a couple relatives -my great-great Uncle Clair and Great-uncle Bud who both died in WWII - with names under the flags, so it's always been special to us. After that we went to the Pawnee City Cemetary and decorated the grave of a my Great-Great Uncle Claire.

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008